Safmarine Container Lines NV is a Belgian shipping company, based in Antwerp and specialising in sea transportation of cargoes between Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent as well as operating in other trades.
In 1999, Safmarine became part of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, the Danish worldwide conglomerate with its head office in Copenhagen. The Group is one of the largest shipping companies in the world and is also involved in a wide range of activities in the energy, logistics, retail and manufacturing industries.
Maersk Line Graduate Programme (MLGP)
The main objective of this two-year programme is to recruit young talents with master education background and develop them into high-performing front line managers (managerial role).
Through the program, each candidate is expected to develop
- A full understanding of the end-to-end processes in Maersk Line
- Commercial awareness
- First hand management/leadership experience
- A global network with senior management at local organization and headquarter, and with hundreds of peer trainees from 20 countries around the world.
The candidates will have oversea training opportunities in Copenhagen, Danmark. Depending on business need and development need, the candidate will have job rotation in different business functions.
Expected on-board time is Sep. to Oct. 2011.
Since the MLGP programme is an extensive and highly competitive programme, we are looking for candidates with
- Master degree with 2~5 years work experience (incl. part time, internship experience).
- A strong educational background. The Degree should be Business, Marketing, Management, Commerce, Engineering or something related.
- International travel, International work experience and Significant achievements will add advantage.
- Shipping industry knowledge a plus but not mandatory
- A mature and self motivated mindset
- Business-oriented career interest
- Self –motivation and ambition to play leader’s role
- Teamwork spirit
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong logical thinking
- Mobility regarding choice of work location
- Capability to handle multiple tasks at the same time against challenging timeline
- Above average English proficiency (written as well as verbal)